Thursday, March 4, 2010

On a nice sunny day...

We had a big DWI trial end today. Greg and Lindy tried the case together. I really don't think the defendant expected to be convicted. Well, he did get convicted and the jury then sentenced him to 8 years in the penitentiary with a $5000 fine. Very good job by Greg and Lindy. This is good because these guys probably present more of an every day danger to all of us than anyone.


It really was a beautiful day today. I am so ready for spring and summer.


I believe I would like to be Board Certified in Criminal Law.


I also want a motorcycle.


Today's editorial was a bit harsh, but just a bit. Some of the mudslinging got out of hand, with the exception of myself, of course. The opinion does fire a shot and those hiding behind the cloak of anonymity while making all kinds of heavy-handed statements. However, I did not write anonymously. My letters to the paper bore my name and I used my name to comment online in the editorial page, too. I may be angry, but you know who I am.


Finally, and sadly for me, I found out today that Cristie Fuqua, the lady who has been the District Clerk for Wise County lost her bid for reelection. They tell me that she has been there for 20 years. That is amazing. I have gotten to know her and her staff over the last 3 years, and it is a wonderful office. Circumstances in her life kept her from campaigning as much as she would have liked. I certainly hope the rest of the staff remains; they are a good crew. I will miss Cristie, she is a wonderful person, on top of everything else.

1 comment:

V. said...

I would agree... the campaign got very ugly. I'm glad it's over!

Where's the book?