Monday, May 19, 2008

Mockingbird Photo

I can't believe that I was so lucky to work with such talented people. There were many people in the play that were extremely good, but I think that most were in awe of the job that the youngsters did in handling their roles with poise and grace.
Starting from the left: Drew, like me, was in the Ensemble with a small speaking part; Cody was Jem, that's me in the red shirt, Emily was Scout (young Jean Louise), Traci was the grown up Jean Louise (narrator), and James played Dill.
I have seen these kids in other productions and their skill never ceases to amaze me.
Recently, my daughter has begun taking some drama/acting classes at the DCT. This weekend they had their end of session recital where the students acted out scenes from various comedies. I knew that my daughter was working very hard at studying her scene. I was very impressed with her poise and ability to carry off a comedy scene. She made people laugh in the right places. I believe she is ready for some auditions, too.
I had a ball, and I hope I get to do this again sometime.

No comments: