Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I miss Monday Night Football

I actually forced myself to listen to that speech Monday night (mainly because they preempted my shows that make me laugh).
I listened intently to the whole thing.
I still don’t know where this money is coming from.
I still don’t understand how this is going to put the economy back right.
The guy is all form and no substance. Still we only get slogans and platitudes.
I hear that the luster is fading quickly though.

Why can't he or someone explain how this is going to work?
The money can only come from raising taxes, diminishing our national defense, printing more money, or borrowing from foreign sources. None of which can possibly be good for our nation or our economy.
I understand that the new Sec. of the Treasury talked before the Senate for about 3 or 4 hours (was it yesterday?). Apparently, he said nothing interesting, and he was unable to explain to the committee where this money was going, how it was going to be used, or any specifics of the bail out plan.
Looking for answers here folks.

1 comment:

Denney Crane said...

Hell, he doesn't even know where the first 700 billion went, why would he know anything about this bill?