Tuesday, August 11, 2009

This morning so far

I've been out in the kayak twice this morning, but it is getting too hot to sit out there now. I will be back out later. Hopefully, I can talk someone into taking some photos.
It was a little shaky at first. I haven't been on one in a year. The tandem we used last year was a little wider and more stable. This single is smaller and takes some getting used to, but I think I have it.
I scared up a couple of flying fish while paddling around. We saw the dolphins, but they were pretty far out, and I couldn't catch them.

(Edit: We are on St. George Island, Florida. I guess I didn't make that clear. This is probably my favorite vacation spot in the world.)

2 comments:

V. said...

Where is your vacation spot? Texas?

V. said...

oohh!! sounds nice... my "big vacation" this year was Hurricane Harbor!