Sunday, December 6, 2009

On a gray, cloudy day...

One of the kids thought it was cute to make it look like Santa was taking a "break" in the flower pot on the front porch. Okay, I have to admit, it's kind of funny.

I guess I won't be auditioning for a part in "Cyrano" at the Denton Community Theater. I am told that we already have plans in concrete for Valentine's Day weekend which is when that play will be staged. There will be other opportunities. I had fun doing "Mockingbird".

We did have a trial this week. I had to do it without my usual trial partner because she was out sick on Tuesday. We tried a 39 years old female drug abuser. She had two prior felony convictions, both for drug possession. In the past, she had received probation which was revoked within 5 months for violations. She was sentenced to a 7 year sentence but paroled after 1 year and committed a new possession offense while on parole. She then received another prison sentence, and now she was caught in Wise County with almost 5 grams of methamphetamine hidden in a false bottom can. At some point, we simply have to decide that enough is enough. With her record, the range of punishment available to the jury was 25 years to 99 years or life. The jury gave her 35 years.

I was not really pulling for Texas or Nebraska last night. I was really impressed with the defense Nebraska put up. That had to be the most prepared defense I can recall seeing recently. And talk about some clutch field goal kicking on both sides. I am looking forward to the Texas/Alabama game. That should be fun.

We almost have the house decorated for Christmas, as much as we do anyway.

Tomorrow is "Pearl Harbor Day", the day that lives in infamy. We defeated that enemy. Now we have to make Al Quaeda pay for 9/11, and get them finished off.

Really people! Every time the subject of Sarah Palin comes up within my earshot, I hear that she is stupid. Let the left wing mainstream media propoganda go. She is at least as intelligent as the Obamination. How come I never hear them talking about Joe "Bonehead" Biden, your current VP. That guy makes gaff after gaff, but people want to tell me that Sarah is not fit to lead us? Please. Have you read her book yet?

2 comments:

Ann Graham said...

Cute Santa. Okay, so, Kevin, I try to see things from lots of viewpoints and I watch O'Reilly and Glenn Beck as well as Rachel Maddow and CNN. I want to understand everyone's opinion and how their viewpoints might have some validity. So, what would you say to a person like me who is trying to understand how Palin is qualified to be President of the United States?

Kevin said...

Saying she is qualified is easy since the current administration set the qualification bar at an all time new low. At least Sarah has been the head of state for Alaska. She has operated in the executive branch of government and in the role of chief executive for her State. If you read her book, you see her philosophy that less government is better. This Obama fellow is so underqualified to lead this country, it is painful to watch. Sarah is imminently more qualified.