Sunday, April 18, 2010

Noticed on another blog...

I was just reading the blog called Liberally Lean, which is operated by a friend of mine in Decatur. I see that he mentioned that Paige and I were leaving the DA's Office at the end of the month. I thought it was nice that he didn't hack on us given our historic differences in views of the need for law enforcement. It was never personal and I always enjoyed visiting with BG, especially when we weren't necessarily talking about any of his clients.
The comments on the blog are particularly amusing. I want to thank whoever it was that said Wise County was losing "two awesome prosecutors". We tried very hard, and I felt like we brought alot to the table. It is nice to hear the odd compliment every so often.
I will tell you that the awesome people in the office are the administrative staff for all the work they do to keep that place afloat (Tessa, hang in there, it will be all right). They have their hands full. I hope Greg can find some good replacements for us.
It was a good job, and for the most part, a fun and exciting job. There is still alot of hard work to do, but like I always say: it was there when I showed up and it will be there when I'm gone.
What matters is that I gave the job my full attention and effort. I will do the same for my new career and for my clients.

No comments: