Saturday, June 14, 2008

Gonna Go See "The Incredible Hulk"

It is not "COMING SOON", it is here now. Thanks for the comment, V. The kids and I are going to see it tomorrow. I pulled up the movie trailer on the computer, and I see where they list Robert Downey, Jr., as Tony Stark. Does Ironman make an appearance here, too?
(Okay, FYI: if you want to see Robert Downey, Sr., he appears as the police captain in "To Live and Die in L.A." with William Petersen and Willem Dafoe.)
I watched the last Hulk movie with Eric Bana and Nick Nolte again, and I enjoyed that one. We have the old Bruce Banner/David Banner issue. David Banner was the original Hulk, but he had a son named Bruce, who also became a Hulk. The She-Hulk was Betty Banner (Bruce Banner's wife later on). If I am wrong on this, please set me straight.
Needless to say, I am a Marvel fan, and I am a DC fan to some extent. I think I even have a few Dark Horse Comics lying around somewhere (they did things like "Buffy, the Vampire Slayer", among others.)
I read an article about this movie which pointed out an interesting issue about the lack of pre-release publicity this new Hulk movie had. Apparently, Edward Norton want to spend more of the movie on delving into the character of David Banner. They appeased him by shooting alot of film dealing with that, but then they edited out most of that in favor of more Hulk action. The story was that Norton was very unhappy and disappointed in the final product, but a contract is a contract. (Edward old buddy, I can think of worse things that being the star of the new Incredible Hulk movie. Your fans will love you for this. Hulk fans will love you for this. Marvel fans will love you for this. 'nuff said.)

A side note: the amount of trivial information I have stored in my mind is frightening. I have information that is completely useless as far as earning a living or suviving a "Red Dawn" (starring Patrick Swayze and Powers Boothe) type Al Quaeda attack on the U.S., but it is there nonetheless. (Aaargh! too much information in my brain!)


I will give you my review after I see the movie tomorrow.
Movies we also are waiting to see:
1. The Happening
2. The Dark Knight

This movie going to have to go some to reach the heights they reached with Ironman. That surpassed Transformers as our favorite, and we really, really liked the Transformers. But if The Incredible Hulk looks as good as they advertise in the trailers, we are excited and ready to be entertained.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well??? .... did you like the movie?

Anonymous said...

this new Incredible Hulk is a lot more fun than the first one with Eric Bana; Ed Norton does his usual specialty -- the "split personality" role...