Monday, October 27, 2008

Stuff that happened today

October 27, 2008.

1. I finally found out that Daylight Savings Time ends next weekend so I guess we get to start driving home from work in the dark.

2. Some man stopped by the Wise County Courthouse wanting to know where he could go do his early voting. I told him I wasn't sure, but it was definitely not at the County Clerk's Office across the street. (reference earlier post about the sign)

3. It was cold this morning.

4. We are making another attempt to see the Impressionists Exhibit at the Kimbell Art Museum this week.

5. I usually like Halloween, but I don't think I have given it two thoughts this year. What's up with that?

6. Was is me or did everyone seem particularly apathetic about this day?

7. I am totally creeped out by the giant spider in my last post.

8. The people who bought all of the Mystery Science Theater 3000 episodes are finally releasing another 4 movie set. Supposedly it is the 20th anniversary special, but I think I could have made better choices for movies than what they chose. See: http://www.mst3k.com/

7. The author of Liberally Lean just posted the same lame photo that he posts every year when the Texas Tech vs. Texas game is right around the corner...pretty girls, though. I am eager to see the Red Raiders knock those Longhorns out of the number 1 slot. The Big 12 is going to be a real rumble this season. Don't be surprised if Texas Tech ends up playing for a national championship. They have just achieved their highest football ranking in 32 years.

8. There is always alot of work to do, and guess what, there always will be.

9. Once again, I-35 southbound going through Denton was totally jammed up to a near standstill going through town up to the South Loop 288 exit. What is up with that? Are there really that many people driving south on I-35 at the end of the day. I remember with southbound was always clear. It was the northbound traffic from Dallas, Carrollton, and Lewisville that was always so bogged down.

No comments: