Saturday, March 29, 2008

Auditioning for "To Kill a Mockingbird", Denton Community Theater

Auditions for To Kill A Mockingbird
March 24,25 - 7pm - Campus Theatre
I have waited for this opportunity for nearly a year. I auditioned for this play Monday night. Afterwards, I received no calls or emails letting me know the director's decision. I finally tracked down a cast listing on the website. Low and behold, I was not offered a speaking role in the play. I know that this disappointment does not come close to what Paul Johnson did to my family and me, but I am very disappointed. The director is Patrick Bynane who is a drama instructor at TWU. Right now, I am actually wondering if I will ever audition again. I gave that audition my best shot. I have never been so comfortable as I was Monday reading for this play. So far, I have received no criticism. I have emailed the director. Perhaps he will see fit to answer my questions.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't ever give up! I am so proud of you. I would never have imagined your interest in acting! Wow! You truly are a mystery Mr. KLH!