Thursday, March 6, 2008

Regular Sight at My House


I am no expert ornithologist, but I believe this is a Great Blue Heron. This big guy regularly fishes in the storm pond behind my house. Apparently, there are some pretty good sized fish there. Hopefully, I will get a good photo of him catching a fish. The pictures don't really show how amazing he is. He is a huge bird. His wingspan has to be easily over six feet. I enjoy watching him hunt. When he catches a fish, he beats it on the rocks until it is soft enough for him to swallow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow that must be something to watch. I am not a bird expert but it does look like a great blue heron. Lovely.

I would like to invite you to leave a comment on my blog. At my blog I ask people to tell me about their day in seven words or less. Just leave me a comment with your seven words, you can do it anonymously. If you'd rather not, then have a nice day.

http://todayinseven.blogspot.com