Monday, March 17, 2008

Not Bad for Four Years of Work...


Heather Mills McCartney

I'm driving in to work this morning and I hear that the Court in London awards Heather (above) 16 million pounds in her divorce from Paul McCartney. That translates to about $33 million in U.S. dollars. That's alot of money. I would really like to know the basis for this. Is this a portion of the money they acquired during the marriage? To me, it would be entirely fair if they acquired 32 million pounds in assets during the four year marriage.



Supposedly, McCartney is worth about 1.6 billion pounds on his own. It doesn't appear this is going to financially devastate him.



I know alot of people will believe that she is getting alot of money for nothing, but we really don't know what the court knew in deciding as it did. I suppose someone somewhere with knowledge of all of the relevent facts figured that this was the fair and just thing to do.



(Extra edit: Apparently, that is in addition to $15 million she had already received while the divorce was pending. So her divorce settlement is close to $50 million.)

No comments: