Monday, March 31, 2008

"...Mockingbird" Saga continues, 1st script reading


Well, well, well, I guess it pays to go ahead and participate like a grown up.
I just came back from the first script reading for "To Kill a Mockingbird".
Initially, I was extremely disappointed at not getting cast in one of the major roles.
Perhaps I was a bit full of myself.
I did get assigned to the "Ensemble".
Apparently, there are several miscellaneous anonymous type lines that need people to say them.
Tonight, I was assigned several lines in the lynching scene (including getting kicked in the shin by Scout), and then I double up as Link Deas, Tom Robinson's boss, as I jump up during the trial and give an unsolicited speech vouching for Tom.
This is very exciting for the first time to make the case of a play.
I have lines in a famous play. I will be on the stage in front of the whole town.
I will try to document the experience in "Broken Gargoyles".
This is an entirely new experience for me. I want to have fun with it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good Luck! I think your going to do a great job and work your way up to a lead role.