Saturday, January 19, 2008

At the Movies


My daughter and I went to the movie this afternoon. She has been bugging me to take her to see "Cloverfield". All I knew was that it was some kind of a monster movie and it was PG13. It seemed safe enough.

We both thoroughly enjoyed the movie. A couple of scenes made us want to jump over our seats to hide. The whole thing is shot from the point of view of a guy with a video camera while Manhattan is being attacked. It gives it a sort of realism that made me feel like I was part of the group trying to get away.

I won't give away the ending, but I recommend it. It is worth the price of an afternoon matinee ticket. You will be entertained. It does what a horrifying monster movie is supposed to do: scare the bejeebers out of you. I'm glad I got a chance to see this one.

No comments: