Saturday, April 26, 2008

From the Health Gurus at MensHealth

Health News that I just couldn't pass up from my health gurus at MensHealth magazine:

A romp in the sack can improve your short term brain function and long term psychological health, thanks to the release of pleasure hormones, say British researchers. But the benefits don't stop there. Having sex twice a week will...
1. Bolster your immune system (you'll experience a spike in immunoglobulin A, an antibody that can fight off respiratory and stomach infections.
2. Cut your prostate cancer risk by at least 11%.
3. Halve your risk of a heart attack.
4. Ignite your fat burners (you will use 143 muscles and burn as many calories as a 15 minute jog or about 180 calories).
5. Lose your stress (your body releases oxytocin, a hormone that acts as a natural anxiety drug).
-MensHealth Vol. 22, No. 10, December 2007, p. 46, and MensHealth Vol. 23, No. 3, April 2008, p. 64.

Now, before my female readers revolt, I could swear that I have seen similar data in my wife's women's magazines that give health benefits of sex for women. I will scour that back issues for the information and give equal time. You just can't get around the fact that sex is good for a marriage and the people in the marriage. Good times.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How's this workin' for ya???

Anonymous said...

About like everything else.