Sunday, April 27, 2008

IPOD or ZUNE?

apple ipod
microsoft zune

I had a tough time today, and I'm not really sure why. I went to Best Buy with a budget in mind fully intending to buy 4 gig ipod for my personal mp3 player. When I got there, the sales lady starts telling me about her zune that has more memory than what I can get on the ipod for the same money. Now, I am confused. I don't know anyone that has a zune. All of my kids have ipods. My friends that have mp3 players have ipods.
So, I call my boys for their advice (they have more technological entertainment expertise than I have). The say go with the ipod. But then, my oldest boy says to get away from the nano and go to the classic where you can get 80 gigs (basically carrying around a computer hard drive in your pocket) for just a little more money. However, the service and repair plan for a classic is $60.00 as opposed to only $20 for the 4 gig nano.
I finally grabbed my head and ran from the store (ala "Home Alone) to the serenity of what's left of my mind.
I can buy the 4 gig now, or save up a little more and go with the 80 gig classic.
What would I do with 80 gigs of computer memory in my pocket?
Is 4 gigs (about 1000 songs) enough?
Do I want the memory to carry a multitude of shows, movies, and various podcasts in my pocket?
I know I have so many readers out there.
Advice? Opinions? Previous experiences?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, personally I have a Sans MP3 player and it holds 500 songs... I have about 320 songs downloaded and I haven't had an opportunity to listen to ALL 320 songs... Do you really have the time to listen to 1000 songs with all the sex your having??? :)

Kevin said...

You're killing me!

Anonymous said...

I think the length of the coffee blog may be an indicator of how much sex someone is NOT having.

Anonymous said...

hee hee hee!!

Silicone Alley said...

I just bought a nano 8gig. I wish I would have saved and bought the classic but will I even fill it up with? I'm happy with my purchase. What did you end up buying?

Kevin said...

I bought the nano 8 gig (the green one) for a couple of reasons.
The 8 gig was less expensive, and the service replacement plan was a good bit less expensive, too. I may upgrade to a classic sometime, but I am very happy with the nano 8 that I bought. Thanks for commenting, s.a.