Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Katie Couric is not a journalist.

Okay, for some reason last night, I find myself stuck in the same room with a television showing the CBS Evening News with Katie. Succumbing to the pleas of some of my friends to listen to the left every once in awhile, I decide to hold my nose and listen to the drivel. Lo and Behold, I am not disappointed. The story was about the fighting between Israel and the Palestinians, but there was little about Israel except clip after clip of Palestinians complaining about the damage and telling stories about Israeli soldiers committing atrocities. No facts. No evidence. No equal time for the Israeli military to admit or deny the claims. Just allegations and accusations. We wouldn't even get to a courtroom with crap like that, yet CBS thinks it's right to put it on as hard news. The entire story was totally slanted to elicit sympathy for the squatters in the Gaza, that's all. It was not news, it was spin. If Katie is going to be an opinion columnist, she needs to quit posing as a journalist. We need facts, not accusations and speculation. At the end of the story, my eyes glazed over and my ears were bleeding (okay, not really), but I couldn't take any more. Will our children and grandchildren ever have a chance to learn true, fact-laden history without the liberal, hippie slant and lies?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No, Kevin ... we would just be happy if you would listen to the moderates.