Saturday, March 7, 2009

LETTER FROM THE BOSS

Dear Valued Employees,
As the CEO of this organization, I have resigned myself to the fact that Barrack Obama is our President, and therefore, that our taxes and government fees will increase in a BIG way.

To compensate for these increases, our prices would have to increase by about 10%. However, because of the dismal state of the economy, demand for our products is down. In other words, it is not feasible to raise prices at this time.
The only solution available to maintain the solvency of the company is to lay off six of our employees.
I am greatly saddened by this since I believe we are family here. You are all so competent and valuable, I did not know how to choose the six I would lay off, at first.
I finally settled on a solution: I walked through our parking lot and found 'Obama' bumper stickers on six of our employees' cars. These are the people that will be released from employment in this company.
I can't think of a more fair way to approach this problem. Those of you that voted for "change" will now receive it. I am certain that your stimulus checks will arrive at any moment.
I will see the rest of you at the annual company picnic.

Sincerely,

(Great jab at the Obamanation from my sister-in-law in California, of all places.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seems that this is indicative that you can't have what you want.

Anonymous said...

That is a petty way to solve a problem as I would expect from a person who wants retribution instead of solutions.

Kevin said...

What? The ones that voted for "the change" got the change.
By the way, "the change" is just the old recycled ideas of Carter, Mondale, Dukakis, Clinton, and Gore that have, up to now, been rejected. This is nothing new.

Anonymous said...

You are really very funny. Yes they voted for a change from King George making the laws as he went along and spying on private citizens and keeping us safe from people who never harmed us in the first place. Yes, I guess they wanted a change from that.