Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Ann Coulter

I have never made it a secret that I am a fan of Ann Coulter. I attended the Denton County Lincoln Day Dinner in January of 2008 to see her in person and to hear her speak. She did not disappoint me. When I speak of her, I hear words like "hater" and "divider" and "anti-christ". (Seriously, does she come anywhere near the vision given in "Revelations"?) I also hear that she used the word "faggot" in a talk about John Edwards. Fine, apparently she really did that. So what? Are we going to let the censors continue to place certain words off limits by speakers? Who died and made them the rulers of the world of language? I like Ann because she points out the flaws of the democratic party platform and the lack of logical sequence in their rhetoric. Can we really discount a logical argument that leads to the truth over the use of a single word? I truly have never read or heard a criticism showing flaws in her arguments or statements. I am apalled at the number of people calling for publications to stop carrying her syndicated articles. The old saying "the truth hurts" applies here.

No comments: