Friday, December 7, 2007

One of my favorite commercials of all time


Do you remember the Old Spice commercial with Bruce Campbell playing the lounge style piano and singing Duran Duran's "Hungry Like a Wolf?" I have not figured out how to put video clips right in the blog page. For now, we will have to settle for this link that will take you to the clip of one of my favorite commercials of all time by one of my favorite actors. He takes a very popular song from the '80's and makes it his own. The entire time he is surrounded by babes who slowly close in on him. Watch the very end where he says, "Woof!" It's fun to play the commercial and then play the Duran Duran version.
Bruce Campbell is the self-proclaimed king of the B-movies. His biggest hits were Evil Dead, Evil Dead II, and Army of Darkness. I have a copy of "Army of Darkness" on VHS. This guy has been around for quite awhile. He recently turned up in "Spiderman III" as the maitre'd in the restaurant. I am a fan.

No comments: