Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Criminal Trial in Jack County

Jack County Courthouse, Jacksboro, Texas

Have you all been wondering where I am? Paige and I have been prosecuting a case in a jury trial in Jack County, which is one of the counties where Paige and I work as Assistant District Attorneys.
The defendant was charged with Indecency with a Child, and the penalty was enhanced to a 1st degree felony.
We had a good case and a strong jury to hear it.
Today, the jury found the defendant guilty, and after a short punishment hearing where we presented the defendant's prior criminal history, the assessed a punishment of Life with a $10,000 fine.
I was very proud of the jurors, and I was happy that our case came across to them so well. Hopefully, it had a little bit to do with the good prosecutors. I believe that the truth was shown and that justice was done in this case.
I would like to yell a big "thank you" Paige's husband for taking the time to get us some documents from Tarrant County that we needed for the trial (Thanks, Danny).

No comments: