Monday, February 25, 2008

Revised Letter to the Editor

I had to revise the earlier letter to the Denton Record-Chronicle. Apparently, there is a 250 word limit. Below is the version that I sent today:

Regarding Cynthia White's latest campaign mailing: she is deceiving the voters. She seeks to capitalize on the fact that Hugh Coleman was “terminated by the new DA.” The ad is deceptive for implying that Hugh Coleman deserved to lose his job.
The firing of 25 employees by Paul Johnson was a purely political. I was one of those fired for no good reason. Hugh Coleman, also, is a very fine attorney. To imply anything else is wrong. For Cynthia White to use this to forward her own campaign is unfair on the most basic level.
I was shocked at the implication. The ad insults 24 other former employees of the Denton County D.A.'s Office victimized by Johnson’s capriciousness. I took the ad as a slap in the face by my County Commissioner. If I ever considered voting for her, I will not now. None of us or our families deserved what happened to us.
The fact that the White campaign seeks to benefit from our misfortune is reprehensible. Hugh Coleman is a fine and honorable man, a good attorney, and would be a good county commissioner.

Kevin L. Henry

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like Mr. Coleman is going to get an opportunity at being a county commissioner.